Personal Training Near Me
Personal Training in Burbank | Personal Trainer in Burbank
Do you want to be able to jump up onto the kitchen counter when you’re in your 70s? Of course not! So why not take care of your body now by adding low-impact cardio exercises into your routine. Cardio exercises are important for everyone, especially women, because they can help prevent osteoporosis and keep our bodies strong as we age. Here are ten low-impact cardio exercises that don’t involve jumping or running, which are perfect for anyone who wants to stay healthy, even if they have joint pain or other limitations.
- Walk outside in the sun with a friend. Vitamin D will help you feel happier and more energized!
- Take a dance class or do some Zumba at home by yourself. Studies have shown that cardio exercise can boost your mood, making it easier to handle stress and anxiety. Additionally, dancing is fun, so it doesn’t feel like a chore!
- Go for a brisk walk in the morning before you get ready. Don’t have time to shower? No problem, just wash your face and brush your teeth while walking around the block.
- Lift weights in addition to doing cardio exercise. The extra muscle mass will help protect against age-related bone loss, and it will boost your metabolism, so you burn more calories even when you’re resting.
- Swim in a pool or go to an indoor water aerobics class for low-impact cardio exercise that doesn’t put pressure on your joints. The resistance of the water helps strengthen muscles without putting strain on ligaments, tendons, and bones.
- Do yoga, which will stretch out your muscles and improve flexibility without putting pressure on the joints. Yoga can also help you focus on your breathing, quieting down any stress or anxiety that may be getting in the way of a healthy lifestyle!
- Take up rock climbing to get an intense cardio workout while building muscle and improving balance. Rock climbing has been shown to improve hand-eye coordination, and it can be a fun way to get the exercise you need without putting pressure on your joints!
- Play with your dog. By playing with your pet, you’re getting both an intense cardio workout and strengthening the muscles in your back, so it’s easier to stand up straight!
- Go ice skating or rollerblading on a rink instead of hitting the pavement for running or jogging. The cold hard floor can be tough on joints, so ice skating or rollerblading is a great alternative.
- Take an exercise bike class at the gym for low-impact cardio that’s perfect if you have joint pain, arthritis, or other limitations. Not only will biking strengthen your heart and lungs, but it can also help reduce anxiety and depression!
- Hula hoop around the living room to get your heart rate up and strengthen the abdominal muscles. Not only is it a ton of fun, but the resistance of the hoop will help tone your back and arms as well!
These are just ten low-impact cardio exercises that don’t involve jumping or running, which can be perfect if you want to stay healthy even with an injury. Now get up there and stay active!