Personal Training Near Me
Personal Training in Bel Air | Personal Trainer in Bel Air
Stretching is an essential component of any fitness routine. When you stretch, your muscles lengthen and become more flexible. This can lead to a number of benefits, including increased mobility and decreased likelihood of injuries during workouts or other physical activities. This article will discuss 7 types of stretching exercises that will help you increase your flexibility in just a few minutes per day!
Start by warming up your muscles with a light jog or jumping jacks. After you get the blood pumping, move on to one of these stretches:
1) Stretch your hamstrings and lower back by placing your right foot on the chair in front of you while holding onto something sturdy for balance. Lean forward until you feel an intense stretch through your calf and lower back, but not so far that it hurts. Hold the stretch for 15 seconds before switching to your left leg and repeating on this side.
2) Stretch your inner thighs by putting both feet together in front of you with your knees bent slightly inward. Reach forward until you feel a deep stretch through the inside of each thigh but do not let your knees go past your feet. Hold the stretch for 15 seconds before switching legs and repeating on this side.
3) Stretch both shoulders by raising each arm up overhead until you feel a deep pull through your upper body, but keep your hands shoulder-width apart with fingers facing forward to avoid straining your neck or back muscles too much. Hold the stretch for 15 seconds before switching arms and repeating on this side.
4) Stretch your calves by leaning against a wall with one leg in front of you while holding onto the edge of a chair for balance. With your back straight, lean forward until you feel an intense stretch through your calf muscle but do not let it pull too far up towards your knee – keep your toes pointed forward. Hold the stretch for 15 seconds before switching legs and repeating on this side.
5) Stretch your sides by standing up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, keeping them parallel to each other throughout this exercise. Clasp your hands behind you at waist level, then lean laterally from left to right until you feel a deep pull through your side muscles. Hold the stretch for 15 seconds on each side before switching sides and repeating on this side.
6) Stretch your lower back by lying down flat with a rolled up towel under your neck to support it somewhat, then reach both arms overhead until you feel an intense pull through your spine but do not let your head hang too far off of the edge of the bed. Hold the stretch for 15 seconds before slowly rolling back up to a seated position and repeating on this side if necessary.
7) Stretch your upper body by lying flat with both legs extended in front of you, reaching toward your toes while keeping them together as much as possible without raising them off of the floor or straining too hard through your back muscles. Hold the stretch for 15 seconds before slowly rolling up to a seated position and repeating if necessary.
Remember, stretching is an important part of any fitness routine! These seven types of stretches will help you increase your flexibility with just minutes per day – all it takes are some simple stretches that focus on key muscle groups like those listed above.